Sunday, December 29, 2013

2 months

Christmas eve marks 2 months! What a great present to have :) I think we are adjusting better; he is getting a little better too (or I'm getting used to it lol) Of course, gas has started, REALLY bad gas. Apparently he has colic and what I have learned is that is pretty much a term for "we don't know what the heck is wrong." It is so sad to have to watch and not be able to do anything. Per the Dr, I am giving him gas drops and gripe water. I've also cut out dairy from my diet. So far, not much relief. It is, of course, affecting his sleep. He wakes up in so much pain. But we do see some happiness from him. We got a smile!! I will post those later. All of the stressful, sleepless nights are so worth it when you see that cute, gummy grin!! Oh my, it melts us every time. So this is that indescribable feeling of parenthood everyone told us about. At his first appointment (1 week follow up) he had gained all of his weight back, plus an ounce. The second appointment he gained two pounds! I weighed him here and he was already up to 10.4 pounds. Our next appointment is January 2nd; I can't wait to see his progress. But he also gets his first round of vaccines at that visit, so I'm not to thrilled. Gary will be holding him for that. I'm a wuss!!
Speaking of being a wuss, I forgot to mention in his newborn post that he was born tongue-tied :( As a new parent, that is not something you want to hear, or see for that matter! It was so sad. But apparently it is not that big of a deal. I took him to the ENT and he had it clipped. That's where the wuss part comes in; I made Gary take time from work because I did not want to hold him while it was happening! I cried just sitting in the room waiting for the Dr! But he was fine, such a tough guy :)



 These below are my attempt by myself- Gary to the rescue lol




 I decided last minute that I will take all of the monthly pictures in his diaper, because he's cuter that way! and we will see his progress more lol. Look at that chunk that wasn't there last month! Woo hoo




1 comment:

  1. I love the one where he is looking down at his belly! This is GiGi... I don't have an account so I have to post as anonymous :(

    ReplyDelete